Monday, October 13, 2008

The Importance of Termite Inspection

About half to three-fourths of the US is prone to termites - I didn't know that. Also, you may not realize you have a problem until five years afterwards...

Termites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article brings home an excellent point. I find most people, including myself at one time, believing that a termite inspection does mean the home is termite-free. Having no current termite activity should be thoroughly explained to prospective buyers. As the article states, "that doesn't mean it's [termite activity] not there, it's just that they couldn't find any [sign of termites] and usually that guarantee can be from three months to a year which would be very odd for termites to show up during that period of time anyway." I think that getting a good home inspection, including specialists in insects, etc. can make or break your dream home.