Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dealership owner wants to build homes

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-10072008-1601883.html

I posted this article, because I worked for stockburger, for 5 years. This will affect alot of people I know. George Stockburger has been looking to move his property for years, he wanted to combine all stores on the newtown bypass a few years agao, but the township, shot the proposal down. This plan will eliminate the entire detail, bodyshop and Chevy sales department on State Street. Ive done alot of diffrent things for Stockburger, but I worked for the bodyshop for years, that place just went to hell after I left :) Not that the economy has not already hurt the car dealer ship industry already..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to give Stockburger credit for persistency in trying to put something together and get it through. From the articles I have read over the last year or two about them, they seem to be trying to work with the municipality. I think his idea could be a good one. At least if the economy shuts him down, it would not be just another empty commercial establishment sitting there. I know job loss is an issue, but sometimes a new career path for those affected could be a good thing.