http://realtytimes.com/rtpages/20081112_fireplace.htm
This is an article about homeowners associations' responsibilities to make sure that fireplaces all meet fire safety codes. It goes on to say that having fireplaces/chimneys cleaned even if they are not used very often is especially "important in common wall communities like condominiums and townhomes where a chimney fire can spread to neighboring units." It is a timely reminder for anyone who has a fireplace.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This was an interesting article. When I have rented apartments in the past, the landlord would schedule the yearly inspections, but they never really seemed to do anything. They just would look at it and say it was OK. I'm glad I never actually used them..
Dawn
What is really scary is that people don't realize the hazards of buildup in there chimneys. I know of someone who lost her house simply because she was ignorant of the care involved in having a fireplace...great topic Kathy!
Post a Comment