Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Stimulus Bill and the Housing Market

This article outlines what the real estate industry's wish list for a new government stimulus package would be in order to prop up the housing market. It brings in some interesting ideas but I don't feel that any of them are likely to happen in the current lame duck congress. Everything is most likely going to be pushed off to the new year and the new term.http://www.inman.com/news/2008/11/4/ready-another-stimulus-bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think we should stop looking to the government so much for a stimulus package to help some or all of us out. No one seems to talk about the American people. After all, we did have something to do with the current financial crisis. I think all agencies, governments, people, etc. need to make a concerted effort toward mending things. There is no short-term solution, plus there are alternatives to housing and other situations that people just do not want to look at. I don't want to give up things either, but maybe we all need to make some concessions.